Aims and Values
To provide a transformative experience for every child.
Our education is based on six core values: Curiosity, Kindness, Integrity, Courage, Balance and Excellence. We think these values are essential to the wellbeing of every child.
- Curiosity: We want our pupils to take delight in the possibilities that the world has to offer and to develop an abiding curiosity about the world; to explore their imaginative and creative potential and to take pleasure in self-expression.
- Kindness: We want Bancroft’s pupils to be kind, to have integrity and the courage to pursue and protect what is good; to make wise decisions, based on compassion and empathy.
- Integrity: We want our pupils to learn to understand themselves and others and develop a clear moral grounding for their lives.
- Courage: We want our pupils to show courage and a spirit of adventure in all aspects of their learning; to confront challenges and try to overcome them.
- Balance: We want our pupils to learn how to live balanced, healthy, productive and well-regulated lives and to learn to understand the different aspects that combine to create a secure framework for flourishing.
- Excellence: We want our pupils to aspire to be the best they might be and to make the most of their talents and abilities; we want our pupils to form realistic and ambitious ideals for the future.
The Chairman of Governors is Prof P Kopelman and he can be contacted by writing to the School.
Policies on Anti-bullying, Safeguarding, Health and Safety on School Visits, Curriculum , Rewards, Sanctions, Discipline and Exclusion, Complaints, Provision for pupils for whom English is a second language or with statements, and a staff list with qualifications are all available on the Website or in hard copy by writing to the school office.