ISI Inspection Report
To download a copy of the ISI’s Regulatory Compliance Inspection Report from November 2017, please click on the link below.
The educational outcome for its pupils is the most important test in an inspection of any school.
We were delighted and proud that the achievements and learning of our pupils were judged ‘excellent’, with mathematical skills ‘exceptional’.
Inspectors are only permitted to use the term ‘exceptional’ for achievement and, even then, it is very rare for schools to be graded at this level; for all other aspects of school life the highest grading possible is ‘excellent’. We are delighted that the work by our staff has been recognised by the inspectors.
The key findings of the report are:
- Bancroft’s is highly successful in its aim of enabling pupils to achieve academic excellence together with high standards of personal development
- The quality of pupils’ achievements and learning is excellent. Mathematical skills are exceptional
- The quality of teaching is good
- The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision is excellent
- The school’s arrangements for pastoral care are excellent
- The pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is excellent
- The contribution of arrangements for welfare and safety is good
- The quality of governance is good
- The quality of leadership and management is good
- The school maintains excellent relationships with parents