The Old Bancroftians' Association has been running since 1909 and now has over 4500 registered members. Our aim is to encourage members world-wide to be actively in touch with each other, and to participate in OBA organised events and initiatives which will enable us to maintain a strong relationship with, and awareness of, Bancroft's School, and encourage direct involvement between the School and members of the Association.
All former pupils of Bancroft’s School, both Senior and Preparatory Schools are members of the Old Bancroftians’ Association.
Your lifetime membership includes these benefits:
- Regular Newsletters and events information and website updates
- Social media: Facebook group and pages, Twitter and LinkedIn
- 5 and 10 Year reunions to meet up with your former classmates
- OBs’ Day at the School (The Sunday following Visitation Day) including 40/50 and 60 year reunions
- OBs’ Annual Dinner at the School and also Regional Dinners around the country
- Business breakfasts in conjunction with the Bancroft’s Foundation – great for networking
- Support of School activities, such as Careers Day and we look to support all things Bancroftian
The Association runs the following clubs and societies and retains strong links with Bancroft Rugby Football Club which includes former pupils, has a first class ground not far from the School with facilities for rugby football and social entertainment.
- Old Bancroftians’ Athletic Football Team- plays home games at Bancroft RFC
- Old Bancroftians’ Golfing Society – plays in competitions around the country
- Old Bancroftians’ Rugby Team – charity team who assemble several times a year
- We also have members involved in groups for sailing, drama, choirs, netball, cricket and hockey
The Association also runs two charities and is an active supporter of the Bancroft’s Foundation:
- The Educational Development Fund makes grants to current and former pupils towards the cost of educational projects which they cannot completely fund themselves;
- The OB Sixth Form Scholarship Fund provides financial support awards for pupils in the sixth form, whose families might not otherwise be able to afford the fees
- The Bancroft’s Foundation provides means-tested awards at the School for promising children whose financial circumstances would not otherwise allow them to attend Bancroft’s
The OBA has an office at Bancroft’s School where Mrs Susan Day, our Relationship Manager, co-ordinates events and reunions, communications with the membership and the OBA database.
Mrs Day can be contacted via