The Bancroft's community is beaming with pride as we reflect on yet another year of impressive A Level and GCSE results.
A Level 2023
- 90% of students achieved A*-B grades, marking an increase from pre-pandemic years
- 68% of students earned the top A*-A grades, with 36% securing A*s
- There has been an increase in the number of A*s achieved compared to pre-pandemic years
- Eighteen students received 3A*s and five students received 4A*s
Successful First-Choice University Placements
The student’s journeys continue with a wide array of degree courses, such as economics, art, law, music, veterinary science, engineering, illustration, medicine, PPE, liberal arts, and fashion. Offers have been accepted at highly competitive universities, including Oxbridge, University College London (UCL), Imperial College, London School of Economics (LSE), St Andrew’s, and Durham.
Oxbridge applicants are going on to read, History, Mathematics (2), Law, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (2), English, Land Economy, Medicine, Music and Natural Sciences.
A number of students are gaining real-world experience through degree apprenticeships and placement years at prestigious companies such as Morgan Stanley, JLL Residential, and PWC.
- 74% of all entries were awarded the top grades of 9 or 8, a rise from 2019 and 2020 results
- 48% of all grades awarded were Grade 9, again surpassing previous years
- 89% of all entries were awarded grades 9 to 7
- 15 students achieved straight Grade 9s across all their subjects
- 25% of students gained nine or more Grade 9s
- Five GCSE Art and Design students were highly commended by the OCR exam board